Sunday, December 12, 2010

Back from a long hiatus


Can it be called a hiatus if I've only posted once before? More like a restart...

A lot has changed since I made that first post. I've mellowed out (slightly), got a teaching gig (yay!), gotten engaged to D (double yay!), buying a house, got involved in a 'master' teacher program.


That's not to say that the previous post is null and void. I still believe everything I wrote. Maybe more so now. But I think it's refined from my experiences through teaching and simply because I've been on this planet a few more years.

Hey, this blogging thing isn't so bad. Maybe I will keep up with it this time...

There is so much I would like to comment on and discuss, but I think I will plug a book I was reading. D had it laying around and I saw the provocative title and the pictures and decided that reading it would be more interesting than doing my work!



A People's History of the American Empire is a graphic novel adaptation of Howard Zinn's book, A People's History of the United States.



I enjoyed it's frank descriptions of historical events that are often misconstrued or ignored in history classes at the high school level.




This is the kind of thing we need more of in the world: people exposing the truth about those in charge that think that they can do whatever they like.

No comments: